You can make a significant difference in the lives of millions of Canadians who suffer from spine-related problems.
Our organization, the Canadian Spine Society (CSS), is a collaborative body of spine surgeons and health care professionals. With the financial assistance of the Canadian Spine Research and Education Foundation (CSREF), an arm’s length charitable foundation, we are involved in cutting edge spinal research and medical education and we advocate for better back care for all Canadians. Bad backs affect everyone.
According to Statistics Canada, four out of five adults will experience at least one episode of back pain at some point in their lives. The CSS is helping to reduce the impact on the health care system by developing comprehensive information sharing tools such as the Canadian Spine Registry, which provides spine surgeons and researchers from across the country with access to current data on operative procedures and outcomes.
In addition to the Registry, your support allows the CSS to:
- educate primary caregivers in order to improve triage and reduce unnecessary referrals, thereby lowering wait times;
- save the Canadian Government a significant amount of money by decreasing the number of unwarranted MRIs, CAT Scans and other diagnostic procedures;
- emphasize that the majority of back pain patients do not require surgery and that they have many beneficial non-surgical treatment options;
- improve the lives of our aging population suffering from spinal stenosis, a condition that can be cured with the proper operation at the proper time;
- disseminate our statistical results, treatment advancements and authoritative knowledge throughout the Canadian medical community.
Your support can help bring significant improvements to back care in Canada.
Please give now, and together we can start healing.Give Now